Harness Your Inner Passion to Score High in IELTS Reading
Reading is an inevitable part of our everyday lives, whether it is a newspaper, a magazine, a book, or a social media post. But all this reading does not necessitate a high IELTS Reading score. Considered one of the toughest tasks of the four (reading, writing, listening, speaking), reading is full of constraints. These constraints are enough to hinder your chances to actualize your vision for the future.
Common challenges in IELTS Reading
- 1.Time management: Reading multiple passages and answering various types of questions is a lengthy task. It is quite a challenge to manage time efficiently through all this.
- 2.Skimming and scanning: It is exigent to effectively skim for the main ideas and scan the specific details leading to confusion and errors.
- 3.Contextual understanding: Unfamiliar vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and complex sentence structures can hinder your chances of understanding the context of the passages.
- 4.Identifying key information: Differentiating between main ideas supporting details can be quite challenging. Failure to do so can lead to time wastage and incorrect answers
How to overcome these challenges
Reading passages can be quite tricky, but with the appropriate knowledge of tips and tricks, you are sure to embrace success. The course from SGES is designed in a way that helps in eradicating any shortcomings and embracing your skills to answer IELTS tasks.
Course strategy at SGES
- 1.Teaching time management: To help you effectively allocate and manage time throughout the test, we provide you with important strategies.
- 2.Aiding skimming and scanning: We help you in mastering the art of quickly extracting the necessary information to answer the various question types.
- 3.Building vocabulary: To enhance your understanding of the various passages, we provide you with the resources to build your vocab.
- 4.Deducing vital information: We help you in developing skills to extract key information from the passage including main idea, supporting details and author’s viewpoint.
- 5.Testing regularly: We try and simulate actual test environment during our regular mock tests for better understanding of the IELTS exam. Also, regular feedbacks are provided to each of our students which help in improvement.
If you think you are lacking in IELTS Reading, you need not dread! Join SGES and we will help you in overcoming this fear and reach for the stars!