SGES: Fortifying You for the Real IELTS Exam
Preparing for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is quite a task. The difficulty level of the questions, understanding of the various modules and to top it all the EXAM STRESS;it can all be quite a handful. However, in order to realize your aspirations to study and settle in an English-speaking nation, you must clear this test whatever may come.
So, how do you ensure that you are well prepped for the real IELTS exam?
1. Understand the structure of the test
The test (Academic as well as General) is divided into 4 modules carrying equal weightage. These sections are:
- I. Listening: This section tests your ability to understand English and comprises of various spoken texts in different accents followed by varying questions and tasks.
- II.Reading: This section assesses your ability to understand and interpret written English texts including articles, academic passages followed by different questions.
- III.Writing: This section evaluates your ability to express your thoughts coherently in written form using two different tasks.
- IV.Speaking: This section measures your ability to converse in English. It consists of face-to-face interview wherein you get the chance to engage in a conversation with an examiner.
2.Prepare for the test
After gaining knowledge about the format and structure of the test, you need to start preparing for the real IELTS exam. In order to do that, you must learn to:
- I.Effectively manage your time: Since all the sections are time bound, you need to be apprehensive of how to manage your time across different tasks and questions.
- II.Develop lexical skills: All these modules require you to use efficient vocabulary. So, you must work on building a huge vocab base.
- III.Take practice tests: Only practicing will make you confident enough to sit in the actual test. So, practice as much as you can.
- IV.Take proper guidance: It may be helpful to opt for professional guidance to get you through the test. Regular feedbacks tend to help you in improving your score.SGES, based in Ludhiana, has the best professional staff that will not only help you in understanding the test but also in getting accustomed with the real IELTS test situation. With regular testing under time-bound situations SGES prepares you adequately.
So, let no hurdle stand in your way to move abroad. Register with SGES and learn from the best!